Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Car Tire verses motorcycle tire

3K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  bobalou 
#1 ·
imported post

I know there are some darksiders out there who can give me some good information on the car tire issue?

My dealer does not recommend them , I heard insurance company will not cover you with them on the bike?

I have head you get a lot more mile out of the car tires.

I not sure how they will handle at high speeds and cornering.

I am getting about 30000 kl out of a set of motor cycle tires.

Thanks Roger

Bailieboro Ontario Canada

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

There's probably a few threads on this in the Tech Forum. If you don't find it, just ask. They are very helpful.

Hey there! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :readit:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :?
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :12red:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :ROFL:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :praying:

[align=center]Please say a prayer for Rudy![/align]

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :lash:

[align=center]WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
[/align]

#3 ·
imported post

:waving:Hello Roger and Welcome to the forum . If you use the search function here you will find many threads on car tires . You could search by "car tire" or darkside or darksider . All of these should take you to the discussions . I can only say I sure like my Wintersport ROF tire . IT works just fine for me on the 1500 , though I am not a kneedragger.

I hope you enjoy the forums and visit often . Best of luck in reading thru pages of posting to help you make a decision . I do think there are a few folks from the Great White North who use them .

#4 ·
imported post

Thanks I will check it out

Roger

#5 ·
imported post

Welcome to the Forum Hogsbreath! :waving:

#8 ·
imported post

Hogsbreath wrote:
I know there are some darksiders out there who can give me some good information on the car tire issue?

Best to go to the BELIEVER'S Forum for good advice:

Darksiders Forum - Goldwing Section

My dealer does not recommend them , I heard insurance company will not cover you with them on the bike?

Could you get that in writing? Haven't heard of a single insurer that won't cover them. Naysayers favorite argument.

On average, at least double. And they do it in total silence and no cupping.

My Austone is rock solid well over 100 mph and sticks like glue in the corners. PLUS, it sits higher, making it harder to scrape the pegs and drops the RPM about 300 revs @ 70 mph.

30,000?! Must be those new Helium-filled types.

Thanks Roger

If you want to read about the most popular Car Tires (CT) that some of us on this Forum are running check these threads:

Austone Taxi Tire thread

Federal/Formoza thread

And welcome to the Forum from a fellow Canuck. :congrats:

Would you believe you're the first member from Bailieboro? :readit:
1 out of 3900? :thumbsdown:
You need to do some recruiting! :ROFL:

#10 ·
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

#11 ·
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome Hogsbreath[/align]

#14 ·
imported post

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]One Hundred Thousand Welcomes From Ireland.........:claps:[/align]
[align=center]The Home of The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum.............:claps:[/align]

#15 ·
imported post

[align=center]:action:Welcome to the forum:action:
and
:action:Welcome from the "Hoosier State":action:[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]And we love pictures!![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]:blowingup:[/align]

#16 ·
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

#17 ·
imported post

:waving:Greetings from N.Idaho and welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the internet. If used, this forum will supply you with great information and hours of simple entertainment. Ride on.......:action:

As said previously, there are quite a few posts on the forum about the Darkside, just go to the search area and you will be reading for a long time.

#19 ·
imported post

Hogsbreath wrote:

Thanks Roger

Darksidehttp://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Darkside-Riders

Try here, you will find so much information it will make your head spin! or at least confuse you!:cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

#20 ·
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.