Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok, i have been riding on my new ct pirreli long enough to know, i'm sold. so here it is, i have an avon tire that has 3500 miles on it and if someone would like it make me an offer. i too am not going back to the mt. send me a pm if interested.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

Like I posted in another CT thread a minute ago, my next rear tire is a CT. Already have it ordered.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

what size are u using? i want to go to a ct on my 1980 interstate. but i want to avoid instalation issues like rubbing.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

Could you add more info ,maybe a picture of the Pirelli . Did I read its almost exzactly same size as a M/T ?

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

do think gl1100 has car tire you can use without rubbing

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

Sorry folks but the car tire will only fit the 15 and 1800's. I heard of an instance where someone put a 1500 rear gear on a 1200 and then THAT MIGHT work BUUUUUT??????? I have hadone on my 1993 SE for a couple of monthsand have had one on my VTX for several years now. LOVE EM!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

Moon:

Nexen 165/80R15 vs. the 150/90R15 stock they are basically the same height

165x2x.8=264 mm

150x2x.9=270mm

6 mm nominal difference in diameter.

No, it wasn't difficult, as easy as installing a MT.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

Learn something new every day!!!!!!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
imported post

Where did you buy it from??? Did you mount it on the rim and how did you balance it...

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

vtxcandyred wrote:
Learn something new every day!!!!!!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!:applause:
I was just about to jump into the frae when I saw the posts above about the 165/80/15 was mentioned. I found this info over @ the Darkside forum. Thanks VTX.:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
imported post

Next question... Are you running a radial on a 1200 (Nexen 165/80R15) and what are you running on the front?

Ken :shakehead:

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

You just made my day. I've been a Darksider since before they started using the term. Now that I have a GL1200 I thought I'd have to go back to an M/C.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.