Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 86 1200 ASP. This morning I synced the carbs and it runs good but it seams to be running rich. What is the procedure of adjusting for the rich condition? I recently replaced the exhaust with an aftermaket. Do I need to..or should I resync after any adjustments?

Thanks

Wayne

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

Hey wayne i have an 86 sei aspy 1200 and mine runs a little rich too. Make sure your air filter is clean and not clogged up. Also there are screens that could be plugged up too right before the throttle body. Sometimes carb cleaner with a vinyl tube is used to clean the carbon out check out the supplement manual for your bike should have instructions on how to. There is a fellow winger on this site who has the manuals and one is a supplement. Keep me informed thanks Joe

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

Wayne look up gsmaclean he has the supplement manual you can download. Just type his name in and you will see what i mean. This guy rocks he put 84-87 haynes manual online and the supplement manual :DHave a great day Joe Young

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi Joe the carbs were rebuilt last year.but that is something I will keep in mind. I've heard a few people say that the 86 always smelled alittle rich. Right now I'm working on the fork seals,spent half the day polishing the firstlower tube as the original paint has sinceparted companyand started to corrode. So instead of painting them I figured I'd give them a high polish. Tomorrow I'll start the second one.

Thanks,

Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.