Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm finishing up a complete carb rebuild and have found a potential problem. When I crankthe choke on,carb 1 and 2 linkage has spring to itbuton carb 2 and 4 it does not move. I can twist the keyed linkage between the carbs and it is free and easy but no spring to it. When I turn the choke off nothing moves on any carbwhich is correct.

This does not seem right to me. I have studied all the carb drawings I can find but can not see where there might be a spring that I have missed. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The choke linkage isn't direct to the choke plates from the choke cable. There are two coil springs wound around the rear ends of the choke shafts that do the actual moving of shaft. If one of those isn't in place properly the choke plate will be free to turn independently of the choke knob. I've seen the reverse problem to yours with 1100 chokes, you could pull the knob out but the choke shafts didn't move at all. The shafts were corroded and frozen but the linkage still moved but it just flexed those two springs.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Got it!

I popped off the plastic end cap from the choke shaft and found the spring you mentioned. It was sprung! I rewound it and now it works properly. I'm not sure how it got that way though and hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for the help exavid!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.