Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Abuddy of mine gave me these carbs thinking that they fit a Goldwing, well they are differnt then my 81 Wing, and I would like to know what they fit. Can any one help me out?

Thanks Shimmy
:?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

They appear like the ones on my 76 GL1000. What are the numbers on the flanges. It seems that each year has it's own number and each year, of production, has requirements for that specific carb. Carbs of different numbers, should not be mixed into the same rack of carbs. Someone more knowledgeable than I should be along shortly.

Terry

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

They look jus tliek the set on my 77.
They're definitely Goldwing just pre 1980.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Just from the photo the are carbs for a GL1000 the slide caps give it away, slide caps changed on the GL1100's

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

definatly carbs off a 1000

there are numbers on the carbs that indicate the year. check our randakk's site to get the reference numbers. each year 75 throu 79 had a different set of carbs, these are also matched to a different set of cams for that year.

the 76 carbs were probably the best for pure performance, but their optimal performance is on a '76 engine... 79 was probably the worst.

while you could mount those on an 1100 engine, there would be no advantage to doing it, and prbably some headaches you haven't yet had

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Clean the top area next to the plenum then look for the code in the red circles. Check all 4 to make sure they are the same. These are definetly 1000 carbs. Then go to Randakks to find out what year they go to.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks everyone, I will check the numbers out as suggested, your the best!:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Whiskerfish wrote:
Clean the top area next to the plenum then look for the code in the red circles. Check all 4 to make sure they are the same. These are definetly 1000 carbs. Then go to Randakks to find out what year they go to.

Thanks for the tip Wiskerfish, codes are 3 of 758A (1976) and 1 of 769A (1978), not much use to me so I Think I will sell them on to help offset the cost of my front brake rebuild.

Thanks again Shimmy. :cool:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Whiskerfish wrote:

Thanks for the tip Wiskerfish, codes are 3 of 758A (1976) and 1 of 769A (1978), not much use to me so I Think I will sell them on to help offset the cost of my front brake rebuild.

Thanks again Shimmy. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.