Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so I am just about finished going through the bike front to
back and it is running great. As a last minor item I decided to set the idle speed at 8500 a little up from the approx 6700 it is now idling. The knob near the gas cap and fuel filter is simply not there. There is no hose, no cable residue, nothing. It was obviously broken, pulled out, and discarded. What is the easiest method to access the carbs if I only need to get to the idle screws. Do the carbs have set screws that are clearly visible as a workaround to the normal knob adjustment? Is the access procedure exactly the same as with carb balancing? Is there a way to get the screws, if they exist, by going back in to the air filter under the radio cover? It is the idle adjustment and not the lean/rich I need to get to. Thanks all.:praying:

·
Honda Guru
2,075 Posts
What about the PO having gone through the carbs, reinstalled them with the idle cable not routed properly? I've seen it tucked under the carbs and it looks like it's completely missing. If it was missing I don't think it would idle at all. You might need to remove the air filter cover and maybe the air filter lower housing. Get a flashlight and start looking around the rear area of the carbs. You might find it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Ray

...that is a very reasonable (whew) and more likely assumption!:bow:I'm on it.

·
It aint rocket science
3,967 Posts
Agree with Ray it is MIA and will be found below. There is only one idle screw with sheath attached as can be seen in this photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Relieved

Great photo Driver! Easy to visualize that long sleeve laying anywhere down there. I'll jump on it this week end. Once again, many Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
duhhhh 850 rpm idle

Thanks seniors for your patience and grace with this newbie communications. Uhhhhhh that would be 850 r.p.m. up from 670. Zeros and decimals DO make a difference:claps:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carb adjustment knob found

I found it Seniors! Thanks for putting me on it! It would not return back to home position. It is apparently caught on something but I was able to adjust the idle and now I know where to look when I take off more plastic below.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
I like a happy ending. :claps:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.