Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok I have a 1977 that has been sitting since 1979 I'm rebuilding the carbs one was really bad. I got the primary main fuel jet out to replace, now how does the main nozzle come out it looks from the bottom it screws out. Has anyone ever removed one.

Thank in advance

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

carefully take a lead pencil and push it down from the top. be careful they can get altered easily. jb

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Both the primary and seconday Main jets are press in. They are only held in place by the fit of the O Rings and that retainer that rests against the bottom of the float bowl. Once the Jets are out then after you remove the CV tops and slides you can reach in from the top and using something soft (pencil or wooden dowel) you should be able to push the emulsion tubes/ nozzlesout.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

I am typing too slow again :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

Whiskerfish wrote:
I am typing too slow again :waving::waving:
i guess one finger is faster than 2 fingers. lol. jb

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,735 Posts
imported post

You found a bike that has been stored since 1979?

Holy cow... how are the trim pieces, I hope it was inside a shed or something all that time.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks guys I saw the slot on the bottom and thought what the heck. I had removed the secondary already and was confused

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
You found a bike that has been stored since 1979?

Holy cow... how are the trim pieces, I hope it was inside a shed or something all that time.
Yes it was in a gargage sense 1979, which was the last time it had license tabs.

That's why it only has 7,208 miles. The seat was in bad shape and I had to replace it.

and fenders were pitted.

Only real problem was ithad 30 year old gas in it. The gas tank had about a half inch of dried up gas, the carbs had a thick coat of purple goo in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.