Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a real good deal on a rebuilt set of carbs from an 85 interstate. Fella had them rebuilt from a spare set he had.
Got them for 200. He had the randakk kit installed. On it just like the set I bought to do mine.
My question is mine is a california bike with the smog stuff. The ones I bought are not. Do I have to disconnect block or add anything to get them to operate . I live in az so motorcycles are exempt from deq testing. Any directions on this would be appreciated .

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should have mentioned he sold his bike because of medical issues and was going to sell this set separately but never did. So a friend let me know about these and I was expecting to pay more but he offered I jumped lol

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well can I just eliminate the charcoal canister?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Yep that appears to be it lotz of difference between the two.
Attached is a pic of my present set up notice the black round dealy by the fuel hose is eliminated and the t that runs to it and around the other side goes over the top and to the carb.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep that is mine it's a cal bike and yes the one I am getting does not have all that PC and smog crap

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm 2nd owner on bike. Bought it in cal in 2009 same one you worked on for me.
Be glad to get all that crap off.
Most of the vac hoses were bad which was causing erratic starts etc. Choke slides were froze up a little
I did open the bowls up and cleaned the jets slides and bowls. It was pretty gummy inside.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it appears after installation there is nothing to connect just stuff to remove from the old system. All the hoses are new. I have the randakk reusable fuel filter . And new steel braided fuel line.
I have a dial type carb balancer.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay Next question lol...
I opened up the new carb set the bowl and slide everything looks clean re-cleaned the jets for shits and giggles.
Now then I want to set the floats to insure all are correct.
the float Height adjustment says 750mm okay since my float height tool says inches that computes to 4.75 8ths.

Now then i have seen all kinds of threads from various sites on adjustment now do i tip the carb rack o its side to release pressure on the float needle before i make adjustments after reading or do I lay the entire rack down and do it.?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
21,889 Posts
750 mm seems very wrong. I think it's supposed to be 7.5mm on the all but the '86, which is 7mm even.

To set the float, you lean the carbs until the needle releases. This may be a little different from one carb to the next.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I meant 7.5 just missed the decimal but okay that Makes sense on the needle releasinh.

·
Administrator
24,490 Posts
7.5mm is roughly .3".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts