Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 85 Canadian Interstate, decided to do a card rebuild, discovered it does not have the reed valve assembly or the secondary air supply as described in the Haynes manual. As I delayed the rebuild for a couple of months, not sure now of the correct pneumatic/air connections. Figured just follow the manual right! Anyone have any info on this bike, it's never been apart and has fairly low mileage (85,000km)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Try the different manuals.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I think the only 1985 Goldwing with reed valves is the LTD with fuel injection.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Bagmaster, very useful site. Found what I needed plus a bunch more.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

No. Reed valves are only present on the NON-CALIFORNIA-US version CAnadian version does not have them.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I see you are rebuilding and reassembling a carburetor on your goldwing, I am in the same boat. I disassembled it but did not take note or enough picturesof all the vacuum tubes and fuel tube connections and it has been so long since I have been able to get back to the bike, my memory evades me. I did go and download the repair manuals but they dont show exactly where they connect on the carburetor ans secondary unit as well as where any mayroute to on the bike. Do you have any hints or tips to help me out?

Robert Hughes

Florida

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Justchattin wrote:
....Do you have any hints or tips to help me out?..
Can't help much but to say welcome to the forum!!!

You might post your question as a new topic in the tech section rather than buried here in someone elses thread..

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Thank you and I did come across that as I was searching the internet. I think I will have to go that route. Next time I will be sure to take more pictures or even film my disassembly efforts. I appreciate the quick response.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

My memory is getting so bad I even resort to video taping when I disassemble things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.