Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey fellow Wingers,

I hate to be the first to mention this, but Fall is right around the corner, and right after that (at least for us Northern folk) the dreaded cold days....brrrrrrrr!

I'm going over my list of to-do's for my 77 and at the top of that list is a carb overhaul. (I just got a clean fuel tank replacement on EBAY.) I know there's a lot on this topic, but I'm looking for the best source for pictures and info. on the step by steps of it.

I obviuosly won't be pushed for time, and I have a clean warm work spot to do the job.

Any tidbits of info. and / or advice greatly appreciated!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

doug77 wrote:
Hey fellow Wingers,

I hate to be the first to mention this, but Fall is right around the corner, and right after that (at least for us Northern folk) the dreaded cold days....brrrrrrrr!

WOOHOO! That means only a couple of more months of 100+ degree weather! :clapper:

Thanks doug77! You made my day!!!!!:dude:

Sorry. I don't have any advice or help for your carb project though. :(

Bob :11grey: :cooler: :dude:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Clymer's manual has better quality pictures than Haynes, but if you use Clymer be sure to double check the jet specs. Clymer had some spec. errors.
I removed and cleaned the carbs on my 1200 without removing the carbs from the block. It saved me from messing with parts that may be hard to replace if I break or loose one.
For a top notch rebuild the carbs should be seperated, but it looks like a lot more work.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

doug77 wrote:
Hey fellow Wingers,

Marco gave you the definitive answer, Randakk! Also johnmac is right about Clymers, a Honda manual would be a good investment get them at Helm inc.

:whip:The real reason I'm responding is to warn you about your dirty language!:whip:

As an ex-Northerner I do not need reminding when summer is reaching it's short end! The mention of the dreaded cold days,long nights,ice, snowand such is not something a real Gentleman would speak of. I expect you to retract this statement this instant of meet me on the field of honor!

[suB]If you can help me find it![/suB]

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

Whats Fall? Whats Winter? Down here in south central Texas the only 4 seasons we have are Damp, Warm and Humid, Hot and Humid, and Mixture of all the previous.:p

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.