Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

bike running ok so i thought i would do a carb sync. Do i set # 3 to a good idle and sync all the others to it? Also i have a motion pro merc set and some of the mecury has seperated. First - how do you get the mercury back togther and 2nd do i not have a prayer of getting a good sync until i do.
3rd question- the set came with brass nipples of 2 different sizes. Should they all be one length for more accuracy. My concours had nipples already on the carbs so i never had to use these before.
Thanks
Jeff
81 Rebuild

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Take a pencil and rap on the side of the guages. The mercury will work past the air if you do it long enough. I'd work the air out first before you try and use it.

Don't worry about the nipples length. Having the same size hole in the nipples is more important, but even that's not crucial in getting the job done.

:)

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

ok- good news- i ll try to get the merc back together. Do you sync 1 2 and 4 to 3 then ? I know i sound like a simpleton just one to make sure on a wing.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

ok- good news- i ll try to get the merc back together. Do you sync 1 2 and 4 to 3 then ? I know i sound like a simpleton just one to make sure on a wing.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Sync your front screws first. The left front sync screw will sync the left bank, the right sync screw will sync the right bank. The left rear screw will sync the left bank to the right bank.

I don't worry about cylinder #'s 'til I got problems. I'm simple like that. :)

·
Administrator
21,866 Posts
imported post

I tap the air bubbles out with the handle of the screwdriver I use to adjust the screws.

A word of advice. Put the brass pieces in the motor and plug them. Then warm the bike up before hooking up the tubes.

I'm not clear what happens but my first set of tubes crystalized and cracked. Motion Pro, bless their hearts, gave me a new set of tubes, but explained that they all break if the bike isn't warmed up first.

Sounds crazy to me but the second set of tubes are still OK. And I've been doing it their way.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
Sync your front screws first. The left front sync screw will sync the left bank, the right sync screw will sync the right bank. The left rear screw will sync the left bank to the right bank.

I don't worry about cylinder #'s 'til I got problems. I'm simple like that. :)
Coolest explanation of syncing yet Capain midnight

Wilf

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
imported post

litfuse wrote:
Sync the left cylinders first[#2 &#4] then #4 to #3, then #1 to #3.
That way might work, but I would do it the way CaptainMidnight explained. That is how I have always synced the carbs and it works fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.