Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have tried on several occasions to sync my carbs. i have used two different sets of gauges but both jump like crazy from about 2 to 15 in of pressure. i have checked valve lash 3 times and it is correct, and timing marks line up correctly. carbs were rebuilt by the honda shop nearby. bike starts great and runs good but it sounds like a diseal when taking off in first. im lost.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

creekwalker wrote:
i have tried on several occasions to sync my carbs. i have used two different sets of gauges but both jump like crazy from about 2 to 15 in of pressure. i have checked valve lash 3 times and it is correct, and timing marks line up correctly. carbs were rebuilt by the honda shop nearby. bike starts great and runs good but it sounds like a diseal when taking off in first. im lost.:baffled:
Creekwalker, those gauge needles jumping around is pretty normal.. You will need to find a way to restrict the vacuum pulses to the gauges to make them usable & readable.. It can be as simple as folding the hoses over until the gauge needles quit the wild oscillations,, or going down to the local pet store & buying some plastic fish tank air flow valves (usually under $4.00), or pushing some loose cotton batten into the vacuum lines between the gauges& carbs.. YOU NEED TO RESTRICT THE VACUUM SIGNAL UNTIL THEN NEEDLES STILL MOVE BUT DON'T JUMP AROUND WILDLY..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

if you need any help , let me know. i`m just a short ride away. wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.