Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey, can ya pin ths thread?

I am donating a set of carb sync gauges to the forum, for everyone to use.

The rules are simple. Use the gauges as you need to, repair anything that needs it, have them available to the next guy. If you think you will be taking a break from the forum, send them back to me so I can keep them in circulation.

Look to this thread to see who has them, and contact them by PM. When you get them, post on this thread so folks can contact you, being the last on the list.

You pay shipping to get the gauges sent to you, the next guy will pay shipping to get them sent to him.

JimC will be the first guy on the list, and has been kind enough to donate a set of adapter nipples to the cause.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Good luck on that one. First time I lent someone a tool to a member here online, I never got it back. Will not return e-mails, or my tool. So screw that from now on.....

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Good luck on that one. First time I lent someone a tool to a member here online, I never got it back. Will not return e-mails, or my tool. So screw that from now on.....
Maybethere is a good reason for it, like the part being lost in the post. I'd been considering this veryidea a while back, but your experience discourages me.Someoneholding the tools for too long,orthem going astray in the postwill spoil it for everyone else.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Sorry about your bad luck, cant blame ya for being cynical.

It is a spare set I have. Still, I hope the idea is successful so any member can benefit, and they not end up in a less than honorable tool box.

It should be interesting to see where the gauges go!

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
I say name him and give us a heads-up. I've got a carb balancer set and a steering nut tool I'd loan out, but not to that guy. :waving:

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
imported post

Should put a homemade passport in with it to keep track of it's travels. ;p Any users should sign,location and date. Then the users can see all the places it's been. Should provide some more subliminal incentive not to break the "chain." ;p

Some type of placard with your name/address might be wise to affix to it too so it'll be blatantly obvious where to send it back to so there's no need to search or store the info.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Excellent idea!

Maybe include some notes/tips to help out the next guy?

Maybe Wingnut can start one up on the other side of the ocean?

Soon as I get a nice shipping box, and a handle on these storms heading this way, he gauges will be on their way to JimC. Also, this set of gauges also measures pressure, marked for fuel pressure testing.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Really, it doesnt need to come back to me, unless the person who has it knows he wont be online for a while.

If I never saw them again, except to see them pass from member to member by the log on this thread, I'd be happy enough. I have my own set, so I wont be without.

Just me, trying to give back to the forum, as many have done for me with info, and MikeF did sending me a coil when my post count was in single digits.

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

GREAT!!! Absolutely GREAT! We can only hope some fool doesn't goof up the mix. I will be in line to "mooch" them..... but not soon. Gonna ride this season out and then address some issues that have developed over this summer.

Thanks alot for your most generous offer.

Dabear

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Ya know, it could work.Besides, we are WORLDWIDE, we will find you,and will publicly humiliate! I wonder if insuring it through the post office would pay for a new one if it indeed got lost? Could'nt be that much more $$. jim

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Without a pinned thread, the idea is about useless.

Y'all can always can it, if the concept fails, eh?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

I want to get in line to use the gauges, instead of notes or a pad though should probably send it with a small jump drive and everyone who uses it can add to the files...cost less to send this instead of a notebook which would quickly compile alot of weight, therefore increasing cost of shipping.:coollep:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
Without a pinned thread, the idea is about useless.

Y'all can always can it, if the concept fails, eh?
Good point. I'll sticky it for you while you decide how to make the idea work. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
Hey, can ya pin ths thread?

I am donating a set of carb sync gauges to the forum, for everyone to use.

The rules are simple. Use the gauges as you need to, repair anything that needs it, have them available to the next guy. If you think you will be taking a break from the forum, send them back to me so I can keep them in circulation.

Look to this thread to see who has them, and contact them by PM. When you get them, post on this thread so folks can contact you, being the last on the list.

You pay shipping to get the gauges sent to you, the next guy will pay shipping to get them sent to him.

JimC will be the first guy on the list, and has been kind enough to donate a set of adapter nipples to the cause.
i think this is an excellent idea. i am going to scour my tool boxes for extra specialty tools. plus, when i visit the flea markets,i'll add a few additional items. i will post on this thread and see if we can keep this going.

best to all

Robin

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Wingnut, it will be in action, as soon as Hanna moves on and I ship 'em to JimC in NC.

Beverly, sure a sis can get in! We wont tell...

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
imported post

wrote:
Wingnut, it will be in action, as soon as Hanna moves on and I ship 'em to JimC in NC.

Beverly, sure a sis can get in! We wont tell...
:jumper:yea!!!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

I think it good Idea, but a few bad apples can screw it up. How about put up a some money as securely for new members. A check- Money order- or free to member that used the form regularly? ( Just stir the pot a little) Lee

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

#1, I wasnt treated that way when I came on here, someone did something very nice for me, and wouldnt accept a cent, not even for shipping! And this was when my post count was in single digits, a noob.

#2, I dont want to complicate things.

While the possibility of the gauges finding a new permanent home is there, I think they will provide a large number of services to the members before that happens.

Should that day come, maybe someone else will come across a set at a flea market or garage sale, and put them into circulation...and bad mojo for the new "owner".

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.