Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok, yesterday I got some bad gas and posted about it here. Today, I got back with Nightwizard40 so we could double check the sync again.

The number 2 and 4 carbs synced right up, but we could not get 1 and 3 close together. The first time, 2, 3, and 4 were dead nuts on, but number 1 was way off. We let it cool down and tried again. We still couldn't get 1 and 3 close. Number 1 would bog down before we got them anywhere near close to each other. We couldn't get it anywhere close and also the needle on the number 1 carb gauge wouldn't even move with the throttle at all.

We got it close and buttoned it back up, on the way home though it is not running as smooth as it was and it also went dead at a couple of intersections.

I am at a loss as to what is wrong. I had been having backfiring which was told was because of the air cutoff valve. It isn't backfiring any today and I am wondering if some of it broke off and is causing the problem with the number 1 carb or do you think I might have a vacuum leak or what is up with the carb???

·
Administrator
27,005 Posts
imported post

Open the bowl drain screws and see if there might be water in the carbs. There is also a good chance of a bad vacuum hose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.