Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I plan to synch the carbs on my '97 aspy and I purchased the TecMate CarbMate Carburetor Tester, but after reading the tutorial on here I see I need the adaptors. My question is what is the thread size, (5m or 6m).

I've never done this, so I'm a bit confused and not sure what I am exactly looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

My 1200 used 4mm. Not sure about the 1500.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

As far as I know all wings are 5mm.. (guarenteed accurate for GL1100 and GL1500 since i have both..)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Like Sandie says, they are 5 mm. Brass ones are best if you can find them, the plastic ones tend to not last too long. A few times and the threads tend to wear and get loose.

Kit

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

I got the Motion Pro/ Sync Pro. Best $100 I ever spent. It came with all the adapters, restrictors, and hose. If you can take your Tec Mate back, not that I've seen or used one before, I would take it back if you're not able to use it right out of the box. You should'nt have to hunt for more stuff to utilize someones product.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Wichita Scorpion wrote:
5mm

CheapestI have found and fast shipping.

California Sport Touring
Yea, those are the good ones made of brass. Motion Pro makes a set also that come with rubber caps in case you want to leave them in all the time.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks guys,,,,,,, I have the adaptors ordered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.