Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am about ready to balance mycarbs ( 97' GL 1500) and need to know what carb (left or right) is most directly connected to the throttle.

I am use a solid state tuner, so I guess it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
imported post

But if there is only 1 screw to adj, does it matter?

what kind of tuner is it? I have a Tecmate-Carbmate.
Made in S. Africa :baffled:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I guess I have the same as you.

This one---------> TecMate CarbMate Carburetor Tester

The instuctions say to hook the one hose to "The carb connected closest to the throttle".

So I don't know if it makes a diff. or not. I'm new at carb tuning,, it will be my first.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

On the 1500 you tune to the left one the right one is the one with the adjustment screw.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

eekjones wrote:
On the 1500 you tune to the left one the right one is the one with the adjustment screw.
Hmmmm,,,,,,,, I guess I knew that all along and just didn't think of it that way.

Thanks for opening my eyes:doh:

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
imported post

Yep, same one only better price :(

I didn't think it would matter much as the leds will shift to the side with stronger vac. It did say not to change the hose length. as you get closer to correct adjustment you can increase the sensitivity knob to fine tune.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Mill Rat wrote:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1500balancecarbs.htm

Winger, Check this out,!! Bye the way did you get the last problem fix?? Lee (Mill Rat)
Thanks Mill Rat,,,, I've seen and read and saw the video. Steve did a great job with it. But since I have a solid state tuner I thought it would be just a little different.

Anyway,,,, I managed to do the job and it worked out well. It really wasn't out of tune hardly at all. I didn't have to turn the screw no more then 1/8 and maybe a little less.

Umm,,,,,, "last problem fix",,,,,,,,, I think your talking about the "OD indicator light". I'm looking into it, but not sure how far I want to go with it yet.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

mmonsterbuck wrote:
winger, do u need anything other adapters for a 88-1500 with this control box
Yes,,,,,,,, just need the adapters to screw into the manifolds. Give me a few minutes to look them up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.