Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have the carbs off my 80 1100.

Kinda bench test, upside down bowls off, the weight of the floats is enough to shut off gas on 3 carbs, 1 I can see fine air bubbles then a little seepage of gas.
Bowls on, it takes a minute or so but I get gas running out the carb

I soaked the brass seat in SeaFoam and needle also, only thing I had other than brake cleaner, blew out with air and it's better than it was at first. I can't see anything wrong with needle tip and it moves freely.

If it still leaks tonight any advice on cleaning it better? I left it soaking in seafoam last night.

I'm just tinkering with the 80 right now and no money to spend on it or I would rebuild carbs. For now I just need it to run well enough to check out rest of bike like for coolant leaks, oil leaks, etc.. as I do other work. I think primaries should be ok so if she runs on throttle on carbs that's all I really need right now. I plan engine out during winter anyway for cleaning and painting
It's not one I ride right now.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Not that I can see.

·
Administrator
26,198 Posts
imported post

Take either a small dremel cone shaped stone or a drill bit that will fit in the seat and turn it by hand to smooth out the seat. If you use a drill bit be sure it is in new condition and turn it counter clockwise.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks, I try to remember that drill bit trick.

Good day bad day today.

After soaking in Seafoam that carb did not leak when put together today. Though the 2 on other side did just a tiny bit.

Anyway, got them so they were not leaking and back on 1100, put in good battery, NOTHING!
I'll did into the Nothing problem next.

There are no lights or gauge cluster on the 1100 right now, so I can't tell if anything else would have power or not, just know starter does nothing when I hit the button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.