Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well with all the fuel injection stuff already on the shelf for small 4cyl imports how hard can it really be to make it fit a84/87 wing i mean really!!!!!!

You could weld injector bungs onto the 4 intake manifolds or for that matter you could use a short piece of pipe in place of the carbs that the injector mounts to and keep the stock air box. Injector problem solved!!

Im sure accell or edelbrock make a tunable ecu with all the hopped up rice burners out there. Or someone specializing in imports does for sure.

The oxy sensor could be mounted to the cross over pipe in the exhaust or the header.

The REAL PROBLEM is how to fire thesetup. I think you could use a small crank triggered ignition system with 4 coils. Some are dang small!!Naturally this would take a little messing with to get right for timing but i know i could do it.I THINK it would fit under the timing covers if the right one was found.

Once a guy figured it all out i BET it could be done for around $200 to $300 bucks and could be made to work on everything from a 75 to 87 wing.

So anyone around close with some extra cash a goldwing who would love to do some experimenting? and coming up with a sellable product.

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

I think Vic is involved with a project on this, but as I don't have a 4 cylinder Wing these days I haven't really been following it.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

It would sure be nice if this could be done with the GL1500 as well. That's all thats missing to make the 1500 into a modern bike (well apart from ABS brakes).

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I would think it could be done fro the 1500 also but the main reason for doing it on the older ones is there gettign old enough parts are gonna dryup and get hard to find sooner or later. Plus you would get better performance.

Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.