Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

All 4 carbs are synchronized together.

Problem I am seeing is that the needles point to the 300 mark right between Late valve timing and points firing late, (two red areas on the gages)

What do I do first?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Here is a photo of the gages where they are set at 3000 Rpm. They are set together but Somethings not right.

I have red Lines pointing to where the gages needles point to at 3000.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well, I just reset the timing again (per manual) and nothing changed.

Still high idle, pops, and gages say late timing.

I am almost thinking someone replaced the wires to the Points onto the wrong spot, But the yellow (long wire) is hooked to the outer points as the short blue wire wont reach anyways.

I think its time to blow it up and get another kawi in the 1000 cc range. this things a POS.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Ignore the markings on the guages. They don't pertain to your bike's engine.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

As long as the gauges all show pretty much the same readings you're done... the carbs are synchronized. Like Philcsand said, ignore the markings on the gauges.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

The lads are right. You just need to get the needles all the same. You use the gauge connected to carb 4 as the guide as this is the one with the fixed vacuum, then line the others up to that point. Don't worry about where on the scale your starting point is as the universal gauges aren't going to be all things to all vehicles anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.