Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all. The bike is running ok, ticking over steady at about 950 rpm but I think the mixture is a little rich. two of the plugs are dark brown to black slightly sooty.on tick over. I have the correct Honda screwdriver and carb balancer. The carbs are balanced ok but I can't turn the front two pilot screws. the back ones are ok but only the one on the right rear (sat on the bike) makes any difference. I can't follow the procedure from the manual because of these front two screws.

Any Ideas... As I said the bike is running fine and smooth with lots of power.

The question is do I leave well enough alone?

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I'd leave well enough alone.

You might try to keep RPM a little higher when you're riding, say keep it above 3000 RPM. They tend to load up with carbon if you lug the engine too low.

And really the only way to accurately check the mixture via the spark plug method is to warm it up, run the bike on the highway at highway speed,pullinto a safe spot and immediately stop the engine.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the reply Marco. I will not do the job unless I feel there is a fault. I will give it a long run thentake them out and check again. like I said the front two are ok just a nice grey/brown colour'and it is running fine.

Thanks

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.