Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

start bike, let it warm up on side stand, stand it up and it starts to have eratic idle a bit, carbs out of sync ?

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Has it been sleeping for a while? sounds like the floats might be a lil sticky.

You can try tapping the float bowls with the head of a screw driver or give it a good blast of sea foam & run a tank of gas through it!

Never hurts to tweak the carb sinc every year!

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

The fuel level in the bowls will change with the bike on the side stand vs. standing upright. If a float is out of adjustment it could cause one side to run lean or the other rich or both. Also could be a vacuum leak and the changing fuel level compensates for it when on the side stand. Until I adjusted the floats on my 83 it would miss when on the side stand and idle good when standing up.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

How much does the idle change a few hundred rpm or less?

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

I agree with GWNorman, probably vacuum leaks.

One other thing you may want to check. When the bike is idling on the sidestand and you "pick it up" you are turning the handlebars, this could be pulling one of the throttle or choke cables. Check their routing and make sure they're clipped securely in the correct spot on the front of the steering head. That little nylon clip gets broken fairly easily.

Where is Byron ? I'm just south of the T.C.

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

to tony, 5 miles west of rochester, maybe we could hook up for a ride when it gets warm, rode last week, 50 miles, i needed that. a few 1500 down here.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

mmonsterbuck wrote:
to tony, 5 miles west of rochester, maybe we could hook up for a ride when it gets warm, rode last week, 50 miles, i needed that. a few 1500 down here.
Love to, I usually try and check this site at least once a week, PM me when the weather gets above 50, probably a couple of weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.