Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Is there a easy way to clean the carbs on my wing? It has been sitting around for over a year I and I started it up to dayto see if it would still run and it does. The carbs needed cleaning before I parked it and it was easier to ride one of my other bikes then work on it but now it sees like a good time to get it back in riding shape. Just by looking at it it looks like a major job to get them off of the bike, so I was hope if there was a way to clean them up with out takeing them off?

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

this needs to go in technical section. if you put what bike you are trying to work on will help alot.

and please fill in your location,where you live also

good luck, and welcome to the forum

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Get some Seafoam and run some into the carbs and let it sit. Some carbs will take a few minutes and others a few hours. Some Seafoam won't help at all. But the cost is relatively cheap and potentially save a lot of down time. If you are stateside you maybe able to find Seafoam at Walmart or NAPA Auto parts.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

There's no easy way to do it, only the right way by removing and cleaning the carbs.

It's a pain in the arse......lol

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

What model Goldwing do you have skinikin? It would be a big help if you put it in your profile or at least mention it in your post.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,883 Posts
imported post

Short cuts usually end up being the long way around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.