Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

carburator 4 into 1

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  ValkyrieRider 
#1 ·
i recently got 2 gl1000 78/79 my intent is to take 2 to make 1 in some extra parts that came with them was a intake and carburetor the carburetor is a holly i contacted holly and they dont have a rebuild kit for it i hope that someone out there can help me out or put me in the right direction

#2 ·
Can you post a picture or at least find the Holley List number. Usually stamped on the air horn
It's like a "VIN" for your carburetor and should be hand-stamped on the front of the choke tower to the right of the vent tube on most typical Holley carbs. The list number typically is four to six digits long and may or may not have a suffix number behind it. The date code will be right below it.

#4 ·
If you have a set of original carbs,that’s what I would put on it,single carbs are a headache and hardly EVER run like original.

#9 ·
copied from another forum.

Rusty Probie
Rusty Probie

Cycle Innovations manifold and Holley Carb

Post #3 by highiron » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:02 pm

The Holley Carb is a Model 1940, called the Economizer when it was reintroduced as a new replacement carb. It was available for many years and with slightly different linkages fit many Ford and Dodge cars and trucks. It was standard issue on the early Ford Mustangs with the 200 CID six. These carbs are in demand because of the Mustang application. Holley modified the linkage for Cycle Innovations, and today Holley apparently doesn't have any knowledge of the modifications or stamped numbers on these particular carbs. I am interested in possibly recasting this manifold. Does anyone know if it was patented, the patent number and what happened to the Cycle Innovations company? I am looking for a series of good photos of one, inside and out to see what the difficulty would be in making a pattern.

His carb info is correct'
I had one of these conversions, was the best thing I ever did to my '80 1100.
the carbs were special made for cycle innovations, almost identical to 1940 except for the cable spool and a triple stacked boost venturi, The overhaul kit for the 200cid mustang carb will work, as all the gaskets are the same.
I changed from the 4 carb set up because I was tired of cleaning and balancing them, Never had to touch it after that.
I had better bottom end torque, and picked up 2 MPG. Most likely because all cylinders were in agreement.
Cycle innovations went out of business in the 90's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.