Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've got an '81 GL1100 Standard with a hole in the #3 piston when a valve hung and punched it. Anyway, I've been cleaning the Carburetor Assy. for a couple of days, hoping to give it a shot on my '82 GL Interstate. Bike Bandit is calling out different Part Numbers, but can't imagine that it would'nt bolt right up.

Perplexed and Curious

John

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
imported post

Bolt on swap... They are the same .... Good luck and keep on wingin..... Jim

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
imported post

You realize of course that since I said they are the same that there will be several people letting me know that the o-ring for the thingie on the bob is different. They will work just fine..... Jim

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I believe in trial and error regardless what others say. I was wondering if the CFM rating was different because of Bike Bandit's different Part #.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

they will work fine if cleaned. the only differance i can tell from my experience is the slow jet is pressed in in the 80-81 and are screwed in on the 82-83. jb

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks JB, if that's it, and orifice size is thesame, then everythingshould be OK. I'm gonna spend some more time cleaning on these sense yall have warmed me up to the install. It's amazing the crap and clogging that's been going on in these poor neglected miracles of air and fuel mixers. Thanks again for the reassurance.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

not a problem. I suggest you use the search function and spend some time researching as there could be pictures and a lot details that will help you do them right the first time . Good luck. JB

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Yes, do them right the first time. You sound like one of my old Navy Instructors when I was learning Aircraft Maintenance. I wish some of these Bike mechanic shops would think like that. I was taught you can't pull over to the next cloud, you get it right or some people are gonna die. Keep on Keepin on.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.