Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys, well pulled one of the diaphram tops thinking maybe i could squirt some carb cleaner down the jets, I,m trying to limp along till winter for the carb rebuild but the bike is just not co operating, as carefull as i could be i removed the slide and diaphram only to find it had two tears in it! Dont know if maybe it happened when i took it out or if it was like that. I cant believe it happened when taking it out as i was VERY careful. anyway now I guess I'll have to replace it, but the only one I can find on the net is 120.00 $ ! Is that what these things really cost? DAMN!! Anyone know of an alternative place to pic them up? I,m really thinking lately maybe I just wasnt meant to have a wing after all. I,m a good 60- 80 hours into this bike and I,m still a ways away from riding. anyway thanks for all your help and thanks to listening to my wine! thanks mike

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

I hear ya!! I was verrrry carefull when taking mine apart! If that happened to me, I would look on e-bay for a set of carbs. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hey dburnash:waving: I have a complete set of carbs off my 84 Interstate, they would be good for parts. if you are interested I am sure you could get what you need from them.. send me a pm if you are interested.

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Hey dburnash:waving: I have a complete set of carbs off my 84 Interstate, they would be good for parts. if you are interested I am sure you could get what you need from them.. send me a pm if you are interested.

:12red::cool:
Nice to see members helping each other out.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

I can probably have a diaphram that I'll give you. I also rebuilt my carbs last winter and had to by a spare set of carbs because one of the original disphrams were shot.

Let me know if your intersted and I'll make sure it's in good condition.

Ken

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks ken, thats a pretty gracious offer. I send you an email. thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Sorry, I always forget to include the year in my post. Its an 84. Thanks for the info and the link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.