Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1980 1100 with under 8K miles. Needless to say it sat more than going. Any info out there about the single unit and intake manifolds?? ROY

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Roy, Your very welcome to the forum. :clapper: I think you have used the wrong forum for your question. :crying:You should have posted that mesg on the Tech.Forum. :jumper:Im sure one of the "Guru" will help you out. :grinner:Merry xmas to ya. :santahat:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

Roy wrote:
Any info out there about the single unit and intake manifolds??

Hopefully this question will get moved, what inf. are you looking for?

The history page on this site helps a lot.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Redwing, My first time on and I blew it! :?Who moves it to the proper placeor how do I? I have not been riding a computer very long and still have the training wheels on!!:D

Roy

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Roy, Just click on the edit at the top of your post and delete it from there. :waving:Then justwriteit again on the tech forumand post it. :clapper:Dont worry about it. :leprechaun:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hi roy:waving::waving: and welcome ,,I moved it to it proper and rightful place :cheeky1:..cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Roy . I've just been a few days here myself , still getting use to it . Take easy , make nice , Happy Holidays .:santawaving:

Zryder

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hey Roy,

"cycleinnovations.com", I belive it's a .com use to make and sell the single carb set up! Not cheap, $550 I think they were?!

I've read about guys who loved them and guys who weren't real pleased ?! Pros and Cons!

If you can get the 1980 carbs cleaned and dialed in they work great! I just run a couple onces of "Marvel Mystery oil" through them every couple tanks and it keeps them in great shape! Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Isn't this the tech forum?:?Oh, never mind.

Merry Christmas to all.

Hobie

BTW, the last time I looked at CycleInnovations site, they couldn't get the carbs that they were using for their conversions so they've kinda went by the wayside for the time being. I think you can still get the manifold though.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Hello Roy,

I'm relatively new here myself - you'll find that the folks here are more than a little helfpul.

Cycle Innovations no longer makes the carb set up for 1100s, can't recall if they still make the 1000 or 1200 versions. From what I've seen around the net, it's not too hard to make the manifold, and using the instructions from the CI site it would seem feasible to create one of your own, or have someone good with a welder do it.

Do a search on Google for "carburetor conversion 1100" and you'll find other boards with info too!

Jack

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

Wingdawg, GREAT TIP, I had totally forgotten about the many uses for Marvel oil; I gotta' start some kind of file. The gray matter is starting to get a bit foggy. And no, I won't try the Mystery Oil internally..... :action:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.