Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I would have a dual camera on the Goldwing, front and rear, if nothing else get an obsolete camcorder from a pawnshop, something big, does not have to actualy work you know, mount it to the rear luggage rack at eyeball level. Put a little red led next to it. Even a drunk redneck can see that.

Or just go full Youtube, get the video recording, post it on Youtube, its an explosive social gathering, idiot gets slammed by thousands, who knows maybe his employer sees it.....

Use the force....

·
Administrator
58,762 Posts
Once badly hurt or dead it is all over but the crying. I will be installing one for next years riding season. It will get much use on NH route 16. Animals!
The idgits is the only reason I installed a Hi-Res video camera on my bike.

and, I will be installing one of the bullet style video cameras for a rearward looking view to catch the license plates of those neer-do-wells.... with that ammo, the LEO community can take them to court... My video camera logs the date/time and has GPS capability also, which I am going to add "real soon now".

·
Registered
231 Posts
The idgits is the only reason I installed a Hi-Res video camera on my bike.

and, I will be installing one of the bullet style video cameras for a rearward looking view to catch the license plates of those neer-do-wells.... with that ammo, the LEO community can take them to court... My video camera logs the date/time and has GPS capability also, which I am going to add "real soon now".

We are a little off track here. The ranting seems to be over. This camera is about the best option I have seen to date. Less than a GoPro and easier to use. I am also thinking front and rear views. If something bad happens then there will at least be some evidence of who is at fault. I will have to mount the remote controls in the unused air bag cavity. I will want them active at all times while the key is on. I am sure there will be better deals on the units around Christmas.

http://www.bullethd.us/#!motorcycle-video-camera-biker-pro/c1luz

·
life is good
1,168 Posts
We all have close calls. Remember it is just as frustrating for cagers dealing with other cagers. Personally I always stay left anywhere a ramp is discarding and introducing obstacles. I tend to stay left as to eliminate 50% of the cars turning into my lane. I also protect my safety gap by speeding up and preventing a cager from cutting me off. They get poed when a simple twist of the throttle prevents them from sneaking into that safety gap. Many give me the finger. They try to cut me off while traveling at 80 mph and get mad when they cant. Wings have large side view mirrors the size of cars so seeing them coming is quite easy. I am seeing more and more NJ and NY style drivers in NH. Being prepared for their antics is better than giving reason for them to run you off the road. I often think of glass marbles that shatter leaving no evidence. I won't because their cars will still be mobile allowing them to cause me great harm. Worse yet, my innocent wife could get hurt or worse. I had considered mothballing my 1800 for the season because of the idiots on route 16 in the morning. Not pleasurable! As for trucks, I have been next to one in my car when a tire cap blew off. It would have killed me on a bike. Stay away! The instability created by their wind buffeting gives reason to avoid them at all costs. Anticipating scenarios and being aware of escape routes is as many know the secret to surviving on today's cluttered roads. Be safe.
+ 1:) :raspberry:

·
Administrator
58,762 Posts
But can it throw rocks?:ROFL:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800
my camera is powered thru the key-switch.

Only in the literal sense, in that the LEOs can throw some painful rocks at their wallets....

As said before, that is why I chose the Wheel Witness: documents date/time/gps; has very Hi-Res and 178* field of view.

the new HDBullet has my interest, and it is probably going to be new Rear View to catch the tag numbers.

w/o a rear camera, the LEO said I have to catch the perp and get a video of his tag number... that involves a U-turn and a hot rod race to catch up to the perp.... not something I really need to be doing. :surprise:

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
Lets pride ourselves on being the more skilled vehicle operator in any situation,
smarter- able to see and sense bad situations developing and avoid them.
And a better person for allowing someone in a great hurry to go past.
They must be very self-important at the least~

Enjoy YOUR trip, avoid the freeways and breathe,,always keep breathing
Failure to continuously breathe can lead to shortness of Life

Those are things I say to myself before a ride, If something has occurred to raise negative emotions
while on the road then:
Exit road and talk yourself thru the experience. `I am the better smarter driver.
I forgive the other driver for their inattention`
I am Whole I am Calm~

Now its ok to get back on the road :)
It helps this type A to be a bit chill...so I don't really hook up the oil slick generator or spike dumper

·
Banned
4,568 Posts
Testosterone = Thats just proof of still being ALIVE to contribute to this forum!
Meaning you were the smarter person in the most recent on-road incident

·
Registered
147 Posts
A rusty 3/4" ball joint nut works great, the ball joint works even better; still I like to slow down and back out of the idiot zone. Go Pro running normally and if I pull off the road and they decide to follow they get to converse with my Ruger buddies.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,235 Posts
I have been quite upset numerous times, like most of you. But in my life/employment I have learned that most times you CAN NOT FIX STUPID.

Pride and ego have to take a back seat to being alive.

Whether the idiot can PROVE you caused the damage is pointless - if they THINK you did what is going to happen next? Are they armed? Are they willing, cracked windshield and all, to push you off the highway with their cage? If confronted about it will you lie about being the cause of their damage (and all you were was nervous (rightfully so, yes) about their tailgating)? If so, should that not imply that you were wrong because you had to lie about it (say THEY call the cops because they noticed you do it).

I will admit being verbal a time or two when I ended up next to the idiot at a light or whatever. But anymore, I make them pass me one way or another. If they continue to be stupid I can go around them or stop before becoming part of their stupidity.

Intentionally dropping items on the road to damage a person's rig is not an appropriate response to them being stupid. It just makes you wrong, too. And if your dropped chunk of metal causes them to panic and they crash was that really an appropriate 'punishment' for being stupid? You are not judge/jury.

Sorry about the mini rant. Yes I have been tailgated many times and dealt with my share of stupid/aggressive/dangerous drivers. Yes I am almost always armed, but prefer not to go there unless they make me (and busting their windshield would kinda make some of it my fault, and that is not OK). And look at that, here I am riding today...

I am now fully prepared for angry disagree-ers to chime in... :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,605 Posts
Intentionally dropping items on the road to damage a person's rig is not an appropriate response to them being stupid. It just makes you wrong, too. And if your dropped chunk of metal causes them to panic and they crash was that really an appropriate 'punishment' for being stupid? You are not judge/jury.

Yep.

And say they do "crash", what of any innocent victims collected in the crash or subsequent crashes behind .....
..... or maybe the intended avoids the scrap and then after they (the tailgater you maybe missed) pass the item "one intentionally dropped in anger on that highway" ... still awaits the innocent victim who maybe receives it center of windshield after some other vehicle kicks it up.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,235 Posts
Or the next motorcycle finds it kicked up by a car into his/her windscreen...
Intentionally placed hazards are no bueno.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,235 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Hi guys. I'm a Wing rider for pleasure and a semi (gasoline tanker) driver to make $$. Most of the big trucks (semi's) on the highway are very safe and not dropping junk on the highway. Yes, occasionally we loose a tire on the highway, but we are typically carrying close to 80,000 lbs gross and occasionally a tire will fail through no fault of our own. I would ask you all please that if you are going to follow a semi down the highway, PLEASE make sure you can see our mirrors, because if you can see our mirrors, we can see YOU.

Everybody ride safe, and have fun.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.