Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides a side car, are their any special seats, cocoons, safety capsules, that one can attach to a 2010 or 2012 Goldwing, that can carry 2 year olds and above

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
The safety laws here say that any passenger has to be able to touch the passenger pegs.

There are harnesses you can get to strap a child to you, sorry no link that I have.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Wisconsin is similar to what Newday describes. The law here also specifies that there can't be any modifications to the stock passenger pegs to accommodate the passengers reach. I read quite a few motorcycle publications and I don't recall seeing anything like you are asking about.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
If it were me, I would wait until they can touch the floorboards. My youngest was 8.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
In the US most states have a law preventing you from carrying a child or person who cannot reach the foot pegs with their feet. This results in very few if any devices for carrying children on your motorcycle.

What are the laws in Lagos, Nigeria concerning carrying children on your motorcycle??

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
I have a brother and sister in law who have lived in Cambodia for quite a few years (they are currently stateside while she heals from a moto vs dumptruck crash. She and their 2 year old were on the moto). Over there, if you can get it on the bike, you can go. Not so smart though. Just because you can do something does not mean it is wise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.