Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just bought this bike and the cassette compartment want open when I push the eject button.Does anyone know whats up with that?

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

The eject mechanism is electrobnic for your '98

Does the clock on the dash keep time (and/or radio remember the stations that you set inot memory)?

If the clock/memory stuff is also impacted, there's a 5-Amp fuse at the bottom front corner of your RELAY box that I would suspect is blown.

Of course, the eject mechanisms do fail, and sometimes can jam-up and such... Does anything else seem to be wrong with the bike, or just and only the eject on the casset player?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Captmpalmer

Is there a tape stuck in it?

The buttons may need some electrical contact cleaner sprayed in them. Be sure and protect your painted fairing parts from overspray.

Sierra Electronics works on the radios if you can't get it working. Wayne is a member here.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

captmpalmer wrote:
Thanks for the reply.Everything works but the eject button,and there isnt a tape in it.
:?Kinda starting to sound like time to check the connections one last time as you pull the radio ond ship it off to Sierra for a repair and once-over...

... unless ya wanna open it up and have a look for a dropped connector and/or dirty contact somewhere.

When you hit the eject button, do you hear any noises at all?

Both Robyn and Wayne provide some good insight about the SE's tape deck in this post (if ya wanna dig into it a bit):

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/99191.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.