Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi all,
Well after deciding to tackle my cassette player and see if I could get it to work { never has } because I want to use a cassette that lets my plug into my i pod for music. The radio has always worked fine and the clock.
I started by replacing the sq. belt and all went well but no sound so I read about the plunger here on the forum and took the front off and pushed it in and there was good sound and all was good en till I tried the cassette and ipod. It started playing fine for about 2 seconds and then shifted into rewind for about 2 seconds and the fast forward and then it just keeps looping back and forth and every time for about 2 seconds it plays fine, I tried a regular cassette and it plays fine.
Any ideas on what would cause such behavior? Also when ever I put the unit in the clock starts blinking and i have to reset it, this is also true when I put a cassette in or out?
1984 Aspy.
Thank Tim

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks so much for your ideas, I think I'll spend the $50.00 and be done with it. I was not aware there was a better way to get the job done.
Thanks,
Tim

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

This is where the lowly Interstate has it all over you guys. It comes from the factory with an aux plug. :D

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

ishi wrote:
Thanks so much for your ideas, I think I'll spend the $50.00 and be done with it. I was not aware there was a better way to get the job done.
Thanks,
Tim
It looks a bit messy in there but they supply quite long connectors, I needed a Y adapter to connect to my GPS\MP3 player. the one I got could have been a little shorter too but it was the only one I could find and it allowed me to do away with the 15 foot long cable they supplied :)
Philmore 44-345
I routed the on off switch along the outside of the pocket.
I needed to make a hole large enough to route the antenna/power and ground cable through and a corresponding hole in the fairing, I plan to put some kind of removable putty over that later not that any water could get through there anyway

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Finally a use for that pocket never had anything in it before:).
Thanks for the info. that will make it easier.
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.