Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I got a real problem guys. Every time I go to ride my bike I find cat hair and crap on my seat. I park it outside (no wonder) and cover it with a very good "Ultragard" bike cover but they still manage to get under that and climb up onto my seat.
:rolleyes: Has anyone got a solution to the problem. I can't shoot em cause they belong to my neighbor. I tried scaring them away but they just come back at night.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Put moth balls on the bike. I put them in the space by the handle bars and forks. Don't let them touch the seat, or your gear will stink likewise. Don't ask me how I know. If you do put them on the seat, just put down a plastic protector.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's all good

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,506 Posts
A fence and 95lbs of German Shepard will do the trick quite Nicely..... 😜😎😎
Loki Bed.jpg

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,922 Posts
Moth Balls around the tires, laying on the foot rests, hanging in mesh bags, I even put some under the gas tank fill cover. My bike sets in a shop with broken windows, holes in the walls, and overhead doors that won't seal up tight.
I throw a tarp over it to keep the damn birds from coating the bike with their excrement. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
666 Posts
Put tin foil on it - cats hate walking on tinfoil. Works on furniture too.

Reactions: Broke Winger

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thnks guys - lots of good ideas I'll try tonight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you seen the cat videos and cucumbers? People lay a cumber on the floor, cat snifs , jumps and runs away.Maybe one on the floor under the bike. You never know.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,922 Posts
I just throw a towel on the seat, and let them nap there. I'd much rather have cats than mice.
all of the barn kitties left us, too many coyotes and foxes here for them to stay long.
don't want another house cat, I despise them..... gives me a sinus headache.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Bit harder than the aluminum foil but something I have used for countertops. Set a few mousetraps then cover them with newspaper.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
635 Posts
Bit harder than the aluminum foil but something I have used for countertops. Set a few mousetraps then cover them with newspaper.
We have used mouse traps in our flower beds for years. We set them and then place them upside down. Cat steps on it and it goes off and scares the heck out of them. Doesn't hurt the cat, just makes them take off. After a while they learn it's not a safe place to be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A warm, dry place for kitty to hang out. The tin foil might work.
Thats so sweet - you care about the cat. I heard a story the other day on the news where an old lady was assaulted by a burgler stealing her purse. The burgler was caught and brought to trial and his defence was: she was nice to him and offered a piece of gum. When she opened her purse he was tempted to take it all so he did. He lawyer said to the judge "your honor- it was just too much temptation". The judge agreed and ruled in favor of the burgler saying "you made it too easy for him to steal". Case dismissed:mad:
Now I ask you - which is the solution? Make it easier for the cat and more cats to abuse my bike or find a humane way to keep cats away from my property.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have two outside dogs,they sleep in the barn, A Border collie and a McNab, the best tag team I have ever seen. A lot of foot races to the nearest tree,which are plentiful. No cats around here.

Reactions: roscoepc

·
Just one of the guys
4,819 Posts
If you really despise the cats you could use a small piece of 1/2 inch plywood and some 1 1/2 inch nails and make a bed of nails to set on the seat for them. As long as you make double darn sure to remove it before you get on the bike!!!

Yes, I know, my sadistic side is showing.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
We had on the farm up to 17 outside cats at one time. They would sleep in the dog house with our dog. When the sun was out, they would lay outside all around him. The last one died about a year ago. She outlived all the others by several years and was lost when the dog died in '16. Don't seem to remember them being a problem with the bikes much.

Now that the cats and dogs are gone I am having problems with squirrels. I will take a cat any day.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts