Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can someone give me advise on a 78 CB 900 Custom? The left side set of carbs are not firering; checked spark (good) and plugs are wet - no joy...

My appreciation to you in advance!

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

They are not much different from wing carbs except they are in a straight row and stay in synch usually.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Max,

Not sure I can help but there's an active group of owners on Yahoo that I've enjoyed over the years. There's sure to be someone over there who can give you a hand:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondacb900cb1000/

I've got an '83 CB1000 Custom sitting in the garage next to my wing that someday I'm going to get back on the road. The Customs are fun machines and I miss taking "Betsy" out for an ice cream cone on those hot August nights.

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

there is another forumfor the double overhead people. they www.cb750c.com

Wildcat from this forum was a moderator overthere. hope this helps john

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Just a small point of interest here........and I don't claim to know it all but, ....if you have a CB900 custom, then it can't be a 1978 since to my knowledge they only made the 900 customs in 1980, 81 and 82. If your bike is a 1978, then you don't have a CB900 custom, but most probably a 750/F or K. Therefore, this can make a great difference in the service information you need for your carbs.

Just search this website to see all the Honda models...http://www.babbittsonline.com/ and go to OEM parts.....

What is your serial # on the frame? I can tell you what your bike is by the numbers. I have the sources.

Jen:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

That girl Jen, pretty sharp huh!! :) I noticed that, wondered about that, then decided I must not know what I think I do. :shock:

It takes fuel, air and spark and the bike will run, do not know exactly what you mean by the carbs will not fire, you say the plugs fire, and the plugs do show fuel? (maybe flooding out?)

Explain a bit more in detail, bet we can figure it out.

Kit

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I agree with Jennifer....78 900 Custom mmmmmm.? has to be a 750F/K if the year is right,should be a stamped decal/plate right at year steering head area,viewed from either left of right.

Previously owned a 81 900F,these engines were dual overhead cams,2 coils,1 coil feeding 2 cylinders(you may want to check them)also you could have some bad plugs,the list goes on....also if they were not charging properly they ran like a bag of --------.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.