Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone out there have a CB 900 I have a 1982 with 21000 miles that i am restoring but i think it is missing part of the wiring harness In the headlight i don't have places to plug some of the wires i have the wiring diagram but i don't have some of the wires they mention ,I just need to have someone look inside of there headlight and tell me how some of the wires run , i have better luck with the goldwings or if there is a small wiring harness that goes from the turn signals to the switches

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
make sure you have twin filament bulbs and not single ..

·
Registered
211 Posts
if i remember right from my cb750f, blinkers were just that, blinkers. they weren't combined running lights like the goldwings. memories don't fade, access to them does.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blinkers

if i remember right from my cb750f, blinkers were just that, blinkers. they weren't combined running lights like the goldwings. memories don't fade, access to them does.
Now that you mention it i had a new 750 back in 1972 also cant remember

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,340 Posts
My '76 CB550K and '80 CB750F both had running light/blinker combination. What I can't remember is if the running light went out to cause the "blink" or if there was a dual filament bulb. The rear was single filament on both.
I'd drag up the fiche and see what bulb is called for.
There's a fair chance some PO just put rear, single element signals on the front of that bike.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,340 Posts
OK, the front does use a dual element bulb. (23/8W)
The turn signal should have a harness coming out of it with 2 wires which end with bullet connectors. Those wires should have a recepticle in the headlight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.