Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

$800.00 for a CB radio that doesn't have any knobs or a microphone? $800 for a six cd changer. Come on Honda. It takes alot to buy one of these bikes. Do you have to kill us with these kinds of prices? You shoud be ashamed to mark this stuff up like this.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I hated that price, but, in their defense, that cb is pretty complicated, the way it's menu driven, and interfaced into the radio. Plus, limited quantity. Where Cobra may order 40,000 cbs, Honda may only order 1000 at a time. Just hypothetical figures, but, you get the point. But, Honda's prices are approaching BMW's prices, it seems. Personally, I wouldn't give 50.00 for the CD changer. I just love the fact that I can load several thousand songs on my teeny little Sandisk, and never hear the same song twice. Altho, set to random, it'll occasionally grab a song that played 2 back, or something like that. And, I just love that hole in bottom of trunk for all the paperwork, money, etc.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

You might be right about the cost high due to limited quantity but I wonder how much it would come down if every wing came with the cb and cd changer. I'm like you. I have a little mp3 player and I don't miss not having the cd changer.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

I agree with you Bob............

I have the CD changer and an Mp3 player and I find myself using the Mp3 more than the CD. Especially after getting charged $250 at Honda to have it sent back and repaired! I guess I'm trying to not play it as much so it doesn't break! So long story short, I have less room in my trunk because I have less money to put back there!!!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

TGinAZ wrote:
How about just getting rid of the CD changer option??? NO MORE unused buttons!!!

I you kitting ? I love my CD changer, on an 06 with the premium audio the MP3 does not have the volume or the sound quality of the CD changer through the six speakers.

2001 to 2005 the changer was problematic not so on the 06 and up (different part numbers).

There is no unused buttons on my bike, :p

Walter

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

And the Yamaha Royal Star Venture still has a cassett player!!! Buttt it's included! Won't play my 45's tho!

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

The factory radio took a dump on the Aspy so I opted to install the Jensen out of my truck. Looks pretty good and works like a champ. Its an HD unit so I have hundreds of stations to choose from, plus a cd player and I have the mini plug for the mp-3 or I can use the 2-gig memory stick or plug the mp-3 in with the usb cord and do the same thing. The radio wasa Christmas present a year ago but its only a hundred and ten bucks. Don't know if I'd do the same thing on a newer bike. It was tricky getting it mounted so I did'nt have to dis-assemble a lot on the dash. http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/vtxcandyred/Goldwing/002-1.jpg?t=1262224289

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
imported post

I have mounted a jvc radio with cd usb ipod and only because I could not find a cb that did'nt mount side ways I used the original on my 1200A and have all wired to six speakers on bike plus head set plus 100w booster amp. lot of work but total was less than honda radio.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I bought the overpriced Honda CD ($1,400 over here at the time) for my 03, but on the 07 I am going MP3. I got €500 ($700) for the CD player from a man in Scotland and that cheered me up a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

The CD player works well on my bike, but I installed an aftermarket AM/FM/SD/USB/IPOD in my 1200 and it worked just as well, probably better, and it was $110 including speakers. The SD feature is really nice. Like Oregonwinger said, put 1000 songs in there and go. Maybe Honda will include the other inputs in future systems.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Also it's pretty difficult to carry CD's on a motorcycle. Besides, who's going to be changing CD's while your on the move? MP3 payers are a lot more practicle and hold a lot more music without changing anything.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I had the CD changer and ended up selling it to another winger. You are limited to the discs you have in the changer which ends up being around 120 songs. Not bad for a single day but on a long trip they get repetitive.

I installed a 20G Ipod in the left pocket including a power adapter to keep it charged while running. I use a ATBT remote on it and I can play music for over 3+ weeks without hearing the same song twice. I would like to see some Ipod integration into the radio so you could see what is playing and change songs etc using the "CD" controls.

I know there are aftermarket Ipod adaptations that use the CD controls but they do not display anything on the dash to indicate what you are playing.

Hundreds of various car radios now have Ipod integration built in so this is not rocket science and should cost very little for Honda to implement. They do not have to re-invent the wheel, just use the chips that are already developed.

Henry

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

is there a radio out there that will go in a 1984 gl 1200 aspencade that doesn't stick out so far.new to the goldwing and don't know much about them yet. but love to ride it

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

I have seen one GL1200 with a short radio, no idea what make of radio it was. It had a nice transparent cover to keep it dry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.