Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Help!

I'm looking for a complete CB&Stero system for a 1982 aspencade.

Big order right?

Thanks!

Peanut

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

It happens... and is doable... Bagmaster and afew others have done it... However, by the time you collect all ~69 different pieces to have a complete system, you'll have 68 more left over as spares... Most people (even the breakers) don't realize how many components there are... and you will probably buy several partial systems before you get all the parts (and I am not exaggerating... by the time you count the 3+ control head parts, the audio mixer/connector, the amps, the cb, the speakers, the 2 displays, the 2 controls, several various wiring harnesses and all the filters....)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Like Jim said, a few of us have done it. I got lucky with the main components all being good that I bought. I even lucked up on some parts as old, new stock still in the box. You can spend anywhere from 300 to 700 bucks trying to buy everything to make the complete Clarion 2 system. I wouldn't even bother with finding or wanting a cassette player as some of us have found a way to integrate a MP3 player into the system.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey Peanut,

My bike had set for 5 years in a driveway with no cover in the snow, rain, sun and all the other Canadian weather we get here. The key was still in the ignition. Picture the condition. Nothing shinny on it at all. Rust everywhere.

A family of what I think was Chipmunks or Squirrels (because of the pounds of sunflower seeds) decided to make a condo out of the fairing. There was not 1 single wire in the fairing that was not chewed through. Nothing worked. So, I gutted it and started new.

This is what I did. Just read through the article from the beginning and look for my Avatar.

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=49466&forum_id=1&jump_to=495051#p495051

You don’t have to go so elaborate but it may spark so ideas for you. Original is not always better. I wanted a good functioning system rather then and OEM that I would have to rebuild.

Tim

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Peanut I am probably one of the lucky ones in getting all the bits and pieces to have a complete Clarion type 2 system.....My fairing was busted so before I chunked it, I tried fixing it, no luck.....So I went to one of our local breakers and he had a complete fairing, missing one side reflector, and I bought it for $200.00 bucks, no cracks no damage at all, included a windshield and wing wings like I have never seen before....OK I get it home and I'm going to strip it down to be painted...It has two pockets that have lock covers ????I contacted Bagmaster and he discovers that I have every internal piece that I need for a type 2 system, inside that fairing....I called my breaker he didn't have what I needed to complete it as in tape deck, radio etc....Three weeks later he called me said he had the rest of the stuff I needed and charged me another $200.00 bucks for all cables, controls, radio and tape deck...plus two head sets still in the orginal Honda box, used but good.....So it is out there if you can find it....I got a great deal on my stuff and I was lucky on getting it so cheap......

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

I also replaced my Clarion I with a Clarion II and found it complete on eBay for I think it was like $180. I turned around and sold the cassette player (I didn't want the cassette) for $60 and the old Clarion I for $60. So my setup coast me $60 when all is said and done. It is great having the intercom and CB add. A whole different riding experience.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.