Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have often wonder if Wingers have a common CB channel. I often come across Wingers coming from where I am going and wouldlike to check road and weather conditions.

Thanks Blackhat

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

That might be a good idea, find out the common channel for each country so we can pass the word on. I think its ch20 that Wing owners use most here in Ireland. Any info on other countries?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

if you ride with the Elite-wings group in the UK it is channel 10

rgds

Phil

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Yes indeed it is channel 20 here in Ireland ,,I was on a trip with a french club in the south of France and they used channel 6,, Another bit of info ....God I am starting to sound like REDWING now :DCheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Well, in the states, channel 9 is the emergency / assistance channel that is monitored by the highway patrol. Something you can do is put a sign on the rear of your bike using whatever method you deem fit that reads:

CB #

Others will be able to see it, and tune in to talk to you.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Yes indeed it is channel 20 here in Ireland ,,I was on a trip with a french club in the south of France and they used channel 6,, Another bit of info ....God I am starting to sound like REDWING now :DCheers Ciaran

This may be a cultural thing, but what in the world is a "gummy budgie"? To me, sounds like a sticky bird. :)

Jack (just exploring the cultural waters)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a sticky parakeet.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

A gummy budgie ,,,is a bird (budgie)with no teeth ,only gums,so he has to SUCK SEEDS,instead of biting them .......get it suck seeds, succeeds,You are soooooooooo slow ..Cheers Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
A gummy budgie ,,,is a bird (budgie)with no teeth ,only gums,so he has to SUCK SEEDS,instead of biting them .......get it suck seeds, succeeds,You are soooooooooo slow ..Cheers Ciaran
I knew about egg suckers, wind suckers but now I know about seed suckers. However I don't think birds have gums.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Most of the BIRDS I have been out with had gums :):):)

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Most of the BIRDS I have been out with had gums :):):)

Hi Wexman

Do you knock around in Redwing's social circles?:action::action::action::action::action:

Monday Bingo/ washing day

Tuesday 50/50 Dances ( senior classes)

Wednesday Social Lunch/ B&Q 10% off day

ThursdayPensionday / wash Honda 50.er 1800

Friday Fish and Chip day (no bones)

Saturday1 Euro flutter day at bookies

Sunday Sunday Lunch at neighbours

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

You must have had a private investigator following REDWING ,,,but ya missed the visit to the massage parlour,:D,Or else he gave him the slip ,,,,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Channel 10 & 20 seem to be the popular ones with Wing owners I've spoken to in this part of Australia.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.