Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I Have a 2005 1800 Goldwing and I am getting a CB error message. Havehad all connections checked and they are ok. I have been told that this is some what common and to turn the power off and on however it does not correct. Help and or advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem, however there are more than a few possibilities. In my case, a grain of sand got lodged in teh CB button on the radio panel. The only way I could get it out was to remove the radio and it's face. The little bugger really was down in there.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
imported post

I had a same or similar problem with my '09 Wing. As best as I can remember, if you turn the CB off while the bike is running, it will show an error when you try to turn it back on. What I do is turn the bike off and restart it then turn on the CB. Should work OK after that. Let me know if that works for you. If not I will go back to my bike and see what I did for sure.

·
Honda Guru
2,014 Posts
imported post

If this is a new installation it's common to mix up 2 connections under the seat. One off the CB is a 3 wire… the wrong connection in the harness is a 2 wire. If you dig a little bit deeper you'll find the 3 wire connection… it's in the same bundle as the wrong connection.

If it's not a new installation there are a number of possibilities. Moisture in the unit is one. I once had a customer that showed a CB ERROR… it ended up being a broken water bottle had flooded the CB unit and ruined it. I drill four 1/4" holes in the trunk below the CB unit (when I install the CB) for drainage… just in case.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you all for the excellent guidance andadvice. The winning solution was from JWAYNE from Canada. Disconnecting the battery did it, Thanks, I was close to taking the bike to the dealer so a big :bow:for saving my bank account.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.