Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

to hookup a regular cb radio with an adapter cable into a 2008 GL1800 ? Thanks for any input...

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I do not know about an 1800, but it works on my 80 GL1100 and 83 Aspencade. Does the 1800 have the single adjustable antenna? If so, it will probably work, but I would NOT key it until I got the SWR's adjusted. You could easily burn out the reception. Also, you MUST groung the Antenna Heavily. Radio Shack has the Antenna to CB connector.
Good Luck,
Nightrider1

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

You will need a pl-259 adapter for your coax. Not sure how it would work with your on board controls but if it will fit than you should be fine!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

How technically capable are you with electronic fabrication? Component-level boardassembly? Cable making? Soldering? 13 pin connector andDIN plugs?

If up to the challenge... then substitute the Kenwood in the link below for your favorite radio... Plugs is Plugs...

Go old school '80s with a Galaxy Pluto.

http://www.davesgoldwing.com/ham_radio_install.html

Adapter is Motorola female to PL259 male, but you'll probably need a patch cable won't you?Better to change the connectors to 259s while your at it though. A center-loaded CB antenna on a motorcycle is looking for 8.5' of ground to radiate off of... and it aint there, so help it out in any way you can.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

jerryl wrote:
to hookup a regular cb radio with an adapter cable into a 2008 GL1800 ? Thanks for any input...
Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.