Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have beento a few sites that show a CB that looks like it has been modified to work in our Wings.

http://www.airrider.com/store/product.php?cookiecheck=true&id=215

Only problem is the price. The one at this site sells for $599.99. Very steep as far as I am concerned.

I was planning a little experiment. I have a new "compact" CB radio and want to fit it to my GL1200A. I believe that with just a little work, I can make my own version of this unit far far below the cost that they are asking.

My question is, does anyone think, that if the price is substantially lower, that there would be a market for this type of set-up? I can't imagine that it is that hard to do. I cannot see $600.00 in this unit. I would be tempted if it were around $100.00 to $150.00.

Any thoughts????

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
imported post

I've actually had this in the works for a few months now. My 79 doesn't even have a radio. The right pocket of the fairing looks like a good place to mound a small cb from radio shack. I got a good idea from a friend on how to mount the antenna. The only thing left to figure out is the headset.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I believe to get a cb to work in a wing it needs an interface and this is where the high costs come from ,,If they could be made cheaper I am sure some one would be selling them ,,J&M do a handlebar mount that is universal ands will work on any bike but again ythe price is near $600 ,,,

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
I believe to get a cb to work in a wing it needs an interface and this is where the high costs come from ,,If they could be made cheaper I am sure some one would be selling them ,,J&M do a handlebar mount that is universal ands will work on any bike but again ythe price is near $600 ,,,
I just made an interface for my ham radio from a small speaker, small condenser mic, wire, connector, shrink tubing, and velcro.All for about $15 at the local electronics store.

I don't use an AM/FM radio or intercom so it's pretty simple. Of course that could also be madeif you have the knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.