Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone installed a BikeMP3 on a GL1800 Goldwing. Just purchased one from Wingstuff including an antenna and did not like the $175 charge that was quoted to install on my 2008 Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

That isn't too high a price if you ask me. It's 2-3 hours work of any mechanics time.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

I reckon $150 would be nearer the mark. It's about two hours work, and $150 is enough. Offer them no more and they might be willing to do the job.

·
Trike Master
1,247 Posts
imported post

Do you actually mean the Bikemp3 or do you mean the GL2way which the Bikemp3 company sells??????
If talking about the CB-that install price is well within reason for a non-2012 Wing.
I'm assuming it's the CB, since you mentioned an antenna!

If you meant the Bikemp3 player-that's way out of reason!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for you opinion. Still hard to get use to the labor charges for motorcycles compared to vehicles. I can see why each time I tackle doing it myself. Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

You are correct it is the CB with mp3 and the antenna. It will take me much longer than the experts but watching the video that is available hopefully I will not encounter to many problems installing. Guess the price is reasonable considering the amount of labor to intsall.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

We charge $100 to install the GL2Way with OEM style antenna.Less that 90 minutes including tuning SWR. We have only practiced on a few hundred. So 2 hours is about right. Most auto shops charge over $75 hr. If I remember we were charging $675 at Biketoberfest installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.