Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey all I tried the search but didn't really find what I was looking for :( I would like to know if anybody has pics or instructions for CB Install on a GL1500 I have seen install for 1800's I am wanting to get CB (factory) and needed to know if all I need is the wire harness that goes into the CB unit itself? Does the other end plug into my radio and the rest of the plugs would plug into main harness.

Guess it would be easier to ask would do I need the bike I bought has the CB antenna already and the wire is under the left storage box. I just want to make sure I get everything hate to get stuff to find out I need alot more :?sorry for the long post!!!! :waving:

Gregg

88 GL1500

88 Voyager

95 ZX9R

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
imported post

If you get a factory CB it should plug right into the existing wiring harness on the bike. Some of the connectors are a PITA to find, but they are all there. If the bike already has a CB antenna, chances are the plugs might be easier to locate, assuming the bike had an original Honda CB in it.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I went through all this with an 1988 bike. I have everything except the harness. I found all the pigtails to make a harness but NOBODY could provide the pin layout for the back of the stereo connection. I have all the info on the CB including manuals, pin layouts, etc. When I did a search for the harness, which from my understanding is not included on the 88 model, I found it going for $250 to $400. At that, I put everything in a box and bought the J&M version from Sierra. It integrated perfectly into the bike's system and even has NOAA weather. To boot, it was much cheaper than pursuing the factory Honda system.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you were missing this part, I found it on the tips page elsewhere on the site;

GL1500 OEM CB Tip. From Gilles Adam in Canada; For people who want to install a used OEM CB to a GL1500. If you don't have the OEM wire plug on the CB, you can replace it by a radio plug from an Honda Civic 1986 (car). It's the same plug, you just have to connect the wire up yourself.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks Everybody what a big help everyone has been. I have CB on the way and believe I have everything I need except the handlebar PTT/channel changerswitch which I am watching one one Ebay now and the filters! Do I need the filters?

As for the correct Harness I believe the bike has the one I need I took the bike apart last night I see the brown 6 pin connection which is just behind the CB knockout. As for mounting I am not sure if I need more than what comes on the CB? Will the wires from the left handlebar switch be under the handle bar cover or elswhere?

Again thanks to all for your help I will keep you all up to date on the install.:clapper:

Gregg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.