Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am new here just got A 82 interstate with 41,000 miles. I cant figure outhow the cb works!it is a maxon mcb-30 has a push button on left handlebar and a button on passenger handrail. the bike has a aftermaket stereo mounted just below the windsheild.I know I need headsets but do they just plug into the cb?or do I need a whole intercom system also thanks

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Sounds like it all is aftermarket If it was Honda/Clarion you would have digital displays just under windshield C/B would be mounted lower left fairing with intercom module right above C/B If not there (any off it) you may have had a chatterbox unit and will have to find hadsets to match

OR maybe PO did not have any headsets at all just used speaker??????????? with hardwired in PTT(push to talk) Mic??

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet wing755!:waving::waving:

It's hard to say what you need for the CB from your description.Is therea microphone connection on the CB? Also is the audio output from the CB wired into the bike or does it have it's own speaker?

If the CB has a microphone connector it's most likely a hand held mike was used and if there's no audio wiring out of the CB it most likely just uses an internal speaker.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The cb has a mic plug on it. I figured that is uses a speaker/mic, it also cuts the volume on the radio when the ptt buttons are pressed ,I was wondering if the headsets just plug into the cb or do I need a seperate intercom unit that plugs in and the headset plugs into that? I will post some pics later maybe someone will know the setup I have Thanks .:clapper:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.