Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, Dave C made up a junction box for my 86A and now I can connect to my Hondaline radio with my headsets for radio and intercom. Now I want to be able to interface a CB with it. The only five pin connector I found available under the left side of the tank is now connected to Dave's junction box for our headsets.Can I somehow connect a CB so that I don't lose intercom or radio? I'm not going to spend 600 on a CB so if worst comes to worst I will have to have a totally seperate CB set up. Thats not ideal so I am looking for some of you here who may have solved this problem with a portable CB.

Anyone??

Airbeat

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Can't see why not. you can get a 5 pin Y adapter in Radio Shack that will give you an extra socket to plug into. The only downside is that the auto mute for the radio probably won't work.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Wow Can it really be that simple? !! Just unhook the five pin lead from the radio to the junction box and plug in the Y connector then replug the junction box to one connector and the CB to the other?

Sounds too good to be true..... Anyone else tried this? It would be great if thats my answer.

Airbeat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.