Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I can receive fine, but when I try to transmit o get the TX indication but no voice from driver or passenger . Also what exactly is the series of beeps you hear while pushing transmit lever... this only works on occasion.

Where is a good place to start?

Thanks,
Larry

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I think you can turn the beeps off Larry. I'll have to check to be sure. Have you cleaned up the antenna earths/grounds yet?

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
imported post

Larry, do you have intercom audio?
If your answer is yes, then you most likely have a connection problem, how about your mute button is it on or off?

If you have no intercom or cb audio then it may be the type of mic your using in the headset. I use a elect mic in my headsets, they require power to the mic element. I build a simple circuit to power both headsets and they work fine.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I do have intercom audio.. we can talk fine from driver to passenger... radio also works and we can hear fine over cb...just can't talk.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

Snowing wrote:
I do have intercom audio.. we can talk fine from driver to passenger... radio also works and we can hear fine over cb...just can't talk.
How do you know it is not working? Do you have another CB to receive the signal? Is it transmitting a carrier but no audio? We need a lot more information to try to trouble shoot this.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

In a group ride..so yes, many other cb's available. No carrier at all....no voice.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
imported post

I have a similar situation on one of my radios, sometimes it will transmit on lower channels, but even then I hold the transmit button for 2-3 seconds before the tx light comes on, I talked with one of the people at Sierra about it, he said that a common issue with the older goldwing radios, but a simple fix, I just haven't sent it in yet.

Just recently finished putting the bike together, and reluctant to tear it apart again:cheesygrin:

Ben

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

When my C.B. radio gets to the point that no one can hear me, but I can hear them, I spray all the bike to helmet connections with electrical contact cleaner. Works for me.

Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

With the TX lighted, and you're getting no carrier (and no voice) you're looking at a radio issue -- likely a final or driver. Sierra (recommended) or a local shop may be your best answer as the "used" market seems to be really very pricey right now)

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be a bad capacitor in the TX section of the radio. I sent it to Sierra and they fixed it pronto like and got it back to me.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

Satan has already given you the correct answer. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.