Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My LED display on my CB are disappearing. I can only see partial bars...not enough to know what channel I am on. Can the display be changed? How do I solve this problem? :cooldj:My CB works fine other than that.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi and welcome to the forum iam afraid the lcd can not be repaired as far as i know no parts are availbleas they dont make the cb anymore

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
imported post

Hi doubleu
I'm not sure how you can get into the cb unit on the 15, but I have repaired quite a few calculator and multi-meter LC displays over the years. Generally, the LCD glass part has a metallised rubber strip which is sandwiched between the glass and the printed circuit board and it is the intimate contact between these parts which has become slightly higher resistance that normal. If you can get into the unit and separate the glass/rubber strip/ circuit board part, it is a very simple matter to clean the surface with an alcohol wipe and put it back together. I never had a failure yet following the symptoms you describe.

Hope this gets you sorted, please feel free to PM if you need any further explanation

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Found a company named Sierra Electronics in Ohio. They said it will cost appromately $95 to fix it. So I'll take that route. Thanks to all for you for all of your relies/help/info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.