Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is a follow-up to my earlier post regarding the location of the 2 pin cb connection under the seat. Still haven't found it.

Here is a photo of the only 2 wire connections I see, a black one located in the boot (right rear on bike) and a white connector (left side of bike). The photo is a distant picture which shows their relative positions. I took a look at the bikers forum - cb installation, and saw what appears to be obvious 2 pin connector, but what I am seeing doesn't look the same.

Any thoughts that could help me out ? I am trying to install a set of mic-mutes. I have the headset connections in, just having trouble locating the cb 2pin connection.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Is this the part you are trying to install? Not an extra plug, but the inline wire and pin from the PTT is unplugged and this is installed inline between the connectors, should be white in color. Kit

Attachments

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Kit, that looks like the connectors I have with the kit for the headsets (6 pin connectors). I have them installed. Also in the kit is a 2pin connector, about 3" long that goes to the 2pin cb connection. Just pull the cb 2pin connection apart, then install the mic-mutes provided 2pin connection with the telephone like jack.

I just found a 2 pin connection deep in a boot on the left side of bike (white plug in photo). Looks like it would fit the provided adapter from mic-mutes. Not sure if it is the cb connector or something else. Do you think there would be any harm in trying it ?
Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

dave95sps wrote:
Kit, that looks like the connectors I have with the kit for the headsets (6 pin connectors). I have them installed. Also in the kit is a 2pin connector, about 3" long that goes to the 2pin cb connection. Just pull the cb 2pin connection apart, then install the mic-mutes provided 2pin connection with the telephone like jack.

I just found a 2 pin connection deep in a boot on the left side of bike (white plug in photo). Looks like it would fit the provided adapter from mic-mutes. Not sure if it is the cb connector or something else. Do you think there would be any harm in trying it ?
Dave
That is the one. Yellow and green wire from the passenger PTT ( if so installed) But that is the one you want. Go for it, if something starts to smoke, just run. :) Kit

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Yes, I have the passenger PTT installed. I can't trace where this white connection goes to. Would there be any other 2 pin connectors, or are they limited to cb connections ? Just want to be sure. You scared me a bit with the ....if something starts to smoke, just run. I'm not a fast runner, haha...

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

dave95sps wrote:
Yes, I have the passenger PTT installed. I can't trace where this white connection goes to. Would there be any other 2 pin connectors, or are they limited to cb connections ? Just want to be sure. You scared me a bit with the ....if something starts to smoke, just run. I'm not a fast runner, haha...

Dave
I checked the wiring schematic and it shows a yellow and green wire to be the wiring from the passenger headset loop, so if the pin connector you have found has wires this color you have the correct one.

Here is a bit more info, that may help. Do not mind me, nothing is going to start smoking, :) Just a bit of fun.

Mic-Mutes -- Morph Solutions Inc.: Revue

Mic-Mutes microphone mute product Photo Gallery by fred harmon at pbase.com

Kit

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

dave95sps wrote:
Thanks Kit !
I hope you got it fixed and did not see any smoke. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Kit

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks again. Yes, I did get it working. Turns out that when the dealer wired the passenger cb controller, it was not connected and the wires were down deep behind the right saddlebag. My wife did say she wasn't able to get the rear controller to work, but I just thought she wasn't doing right. I ended up taking the bike to a local shop to complete the mic-mutes installation and that was how I learned about the rear passenger controller not connected. No wonder I couldn't find the dang wires !

Since I just got the bike new in July, I called my dealer and explained the situation. The dealership is 2 hours away from where I live. He asked me to send him a copy of the bill (which I already paid) and promised to work with me on it. I have my fingers crossed that he will offset my expenses substantially. The total came to $181 at $75/hr. I like the dealership, just think it was an oversight (not connecting the passenger controller correctly).

I appreciate all the guidance from these forums, which I believe is the best Goldwing network going. And I truly appreciate all the guidance from Kit. Kit - you have helped me in the past too, and I frequently read your posts where you have been helpful to other forum members. So, thanks again.

Best wishes, Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.