Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Way back more than 20 years ago when I bought my GL1500, it came with this handheld mic (not stock obviously). I'm interested in using it now with a Goldwing buddy I ride with. I prefer the Scala G4, but would like to use this on occasion as well. Has anyone seen it before? Will it work? I know a normal 5-pin mic won't transmit because of the integrated radio but was wondering if this would. Where do you connect the wire? It looks like a grounding wire.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
imported post

They used to sell an aftermarket handheld Mic like the one you show. I am sure someone will be able to find a correct answer to your question

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

Works fine, that is all I have on my 1500 CB, no headsets in my helmet.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

will probably work but will likely sound like sh**

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

·
Nobody
364 Posts
imported post

I made my own setup a few years ago from a regular CB mic and it works well. I wired a new plug in parallel with the original so I could have both the handheld and the headset plugged at the same time if I want. I used the shop manual to find the correct wires.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Wrong thread ...........:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I tried using it without connecting the wire and it doesn't work. I'm sure the connector on bike is stock. Looks like my options are either to rewire the stock (unlikely) or get that connector 96Aspencade posted in the diagram (great pic btw...thank you). Wonder if it's available separately or as can only be had as part of the J&M kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.