Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My CB wont transmit but it picks up pretty good. I have a flag on that antenna, wrapped up for a trip to phoenix tomorrow. Could this be the cause? Any thing i can look for quick because i promised my little guy we would keep in touch using it.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I doubt that it is the flag... unless it is metal or metalized plastic, it will be quite transparent to the RF. There are more than one possible cause of no transmit.. could be the RF power tranistors, problem with audio modulation (a carrier but no sound), bad microphone (same thing), contacts in the ptt switch.. etc... but to repeat... not likely the flag... that would be easy to check though.. just take it off..

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

:hallo:had sort of same problem would only go out 500 yards bought a new antenna now 4-& A HALF MILES WORKS GREAT NOW

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

When you push the transmit button, does the TX symbol show. Possibly could be swr problems - antenna length.

Could be your mic does not work. If you have a friend who can plug into your connector and see if their headset works, this will prove whether your system is faulty or not.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

:(
It’s all very sad as I bought the headset from J&M so that my son could talk with me from the car on our trip to phoenix today. I will check the TX sign to see if it comes on. As a side note, it was a real pain to install but now that its done, it feels comfortable.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

:cool::cool:
UPDATE

The TX light was not coming on. I fiddled with the wires and was able to get it to come on. So, after much playing, I was able to find a position that worked regularly so I tie rapped it in place. Once I get home, I will work on it.

Thanks all. I wish I know how to issue Manas

Dragoon

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

You can also take it to the cloest truck stop, and have the antenna adjusted. I put 2 on mine, and burnt out the recieve diode on it in Calhoun, and I got another at a pawn shop in Calhoun, 1 model under the one I had fo ronly $20.00, scrapped the shakespear by breaking it on pourpose, and put a 4ft Blask Firestick on it. I still do not get the distance I want, but I do not have a good ground, and thats my problem.

Hope this helps,

Nightrider1

Dragoon wrote:
My CB wont transmit but it picks up pretty good. I have a flag on that antenna, wrapped up for a trip to phoenix tomorrow. Could this be the cause? Any thing i can look for quick because i promised my little guy we would keep in touch using it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.