Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone,

I'm not going to be shy asking for your guidance. I surely need it. Been trying to install a set of mic-mutes all afternoon. There are 3 adapters that come with the unit. 1 for riders 6 pin headset connection, 1 for passengers 6 pin headset connection, and 1 for the CB 2-pin connection.

I have the wiring installed to both headsets, but it is the CB connection I can't seem to locate. My dealership did the CB installation, all Honda line, 2008 GL1800 model. Any thoughts as to where (under the seat) I might find the CB 2-pin connection ? I know it's got to be there, might just be overlooking it somehow. Where do they typically put the dang connection ?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Rather than try to explain, about halfway through this it will show you the 2 pin connector , you have to unplug it and plug the harness in. The connector is on the left side, forward of the relay panel, tucked down in the harness.

GL1800 oem cbinstall.pdf (application/pdf Object) Kit

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Kit ! I appreciate your help once again. I should be able to locate it with those illustrations, which I've already printed out. By the way, I am very pleased with the way my bike is responding to the Delo 400 15w-40 oil. Quieter & smoother shifting...

I hope you have a wonderful New Year.

Dave in Virginia

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

There is also a very clear picture of that connector in the GL1800 CB fitting article right here on the Bikers Workshop part of the site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.