1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My Cb radio constantly hsa the RX showing which should mean it is receiving
I have checked the sqelch , checked the antena. changed the head set,
|Any Ideas why this is, the CB is 13 months old, I don't know how long the warrenty is:praying:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Most CB problems can be fixed by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, try that first. If that doesn't work, the PTT switch might be sticking internally.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

12 months warranty on the CB as afaik, but the dealer may still honor it if you tell him the fault started before warranty ran out.
I don't think a stuck PTT switch will make the RX stay on.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the rply. I did try to disconect the battery, didn't work the CB is14 months old so I suppose there is no warranty:sadguy:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Possibly the ground strap for the antenna is not making a proper ground in the trunk, could be causing the cb to pick up electrical noise from the bike. Also, if one of the noise filters is not hooked up (one for each fan, and one for the fuel pump) or if bad, it will cause the cb to act as if it is recieving (which it is in a way, electrical noise). These are what I would check first. If by chance someone installed it without the 3 noise filters (which is more common than you might think) then it is going to show a RX all the time.:(

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the tip I will try this one day next week. I did install the cb last August and I did install both noise filters. I will however check this out as soon as I get time. the bike comes off the road this Sunday for the winter. It was freezing here this morning.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

goanders wrote:
Thanks for the tip I will try this one day next week. I did install the cb last August and I did install both noise filters. I will however check this out as soon as I get time. the bike comes off the road this Sunday for the winter. It was freezing here this morning.
As Gene said, 3 filters. You just stated you put both (2)on.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yes sorry I put one on each radiator fan as well as on the antena three in total

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

what is your squelch level to get the rx to cut out & is this on popular channels or an off channel you are trying to just use with a buddy?

i put the cb in my 1800 & found unless i have the squelch real high on channel 19 (highway/ trucker band) it vertually never stops reciving even though i can't hear what it picks up even with the volune up, i guess because there are so many weak signals from trucks in the distance, but if you get on the lesser use channels it quopperates better if you want to listen to music & talk to a riding buddy.

in my puckup & jeep i monitor ch 19 on a cheap independent cb while listening to music on the stereo but the bike i want to hear my music so i only use the cb on off channels to talk with a ridding buddy or breafly on ch 19 to get traffic updates if i run into something.

i wish i could monitor ch19 without it cutting out my music all the time but that is the way these integrated units are set up.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

It doesn't matter which channel I am on or where the squelch is at. the RX shows. This CB worked perfectly for 13 months, then all of a sudden just went into RX mode and stays there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.